Why the “Bliss” in Bliss Balls?
Heavenly tasting and nutritious... Here are the blissful reasons why you need them on your next menu...
1. Sweeten the deal! Natural sugar like coconut sugar, dates and honey are awesome for the sweet tooth in you because they are healthier alternatives to refined sugar.
2. Go nuts, power up with protein, get a heap of healthy fats! Perfect for curbing your appetite as they make you feel full… without the guilt!
You can come up with your own version of the Bliss Balls. Explore and discover new ingredients to please the creative chef in you.
You can add the following in putting that extra “oomph” to your bliss balls…
1. Rolled Oats- An excellent source of complex carbs and protein to make you feel fuller and nourished
2. Vegan Protein - Power up by adding a plant-based protein blend!
3. Psyllium Husk - Best for weight control and for gut health
4. Raw Cacao Nibs, Dessicated Coconut, coarsely ground nuts and seeds for exciting bliss ball coating!
Here's what I made yesterday...
2 Spice Pistachio Bliss Balls
2 cups soaked Cashew
1 cup soaked Pistachio
1/4 teaspoon Cardamom
1 teaspoon powdered Ginger
3-4 tbsp Coconut Sugar
coarsely ground Pumpkin Seeds for coating
Option to add Vegan Protein Blend. I used About Time Ve which I got from Healthy Options.
1. Soak Cashew and Pistachio separately for 2 hours.
2. Wash, drain and process nuts until a coarse crumb.
3. Add Cardamom, powdered Ginger and Coconut Sugar.
4. Process until the mixture becomes well incorporated and forms a ball.
5. Form small balls about 1/4 cup each.
6. Roll the bliss balls on coarsely ground Pumpkin Seeds.
Makes about 18 balls.
Bliss Ball is an awesome source of energy for those emergency situations. It’s a power-packed lift off snack with a healthy combination of protein, carbs and fat to energize you as you go about your hectic day.
Do share with us how your experiments turn out! If you have other versions for the Bliss Ball recipe, feel free to post and comment below.